The Whistleblower Channel is a safe space through which a natural person, within the scope of his/her professional activity, can report offenses falling under article 2 of Law n.º93/2021, of 20 December.
To guarantee confidentiality and anonymity, complaints must be made through the communication channel created for this purpose.
Within the scope of the Whistleblower Channel, the following are considered infractions:
1. Acts or omissions contrary to the rules contained in the acts of the European Union referred to in the annex to Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council, to national rules that implement, transpose, or comply with such acts or any other rules contained in legislative acts implementing or transposing them, including those that provide for crimes or administrative offences, referring to the areas of:
- Public contracting;
- Money laundering;
- Product safety and compliance;
- Transport security;
- Environmental protection;
- Safety of food for human and animal consumption, animal health and animal welfare;
- Public health;
- Consumer defense;
- Protection of privacy and personal data;
- Network and information systems security.
2. . Acts or omissions contrary to and harmful to the financial interests of the European Union referred to in article 325 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU);
3. Acts or omissions contrary to the internal market rules referred to in Article 26(2) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, including competition and state aid rules;
4. The crimes provided for in article 1, no. 1 of Law no. 5/2002, of 11 January;
5. The acts or omissions that contradict the purpose of the rules or norms covered by the previous paragraphs 1) to 3).
Complaints may concern:
- The infraction already committed;
- The infraction that is being committed;
- The infraction whose commission can be anticipated;
- Attempting to conceal such infringement.
The Whistleblower Channel allows the submission of internal or external complaints.
The Whistleblower Channel is a secure means of communication and enables the anonymity of complaints.
It is essentially preventive and is based on a complaints management system designed to guarantee confidentiality throughout the entire process.
Thus, whistleblowers, as long as they comply with the conditions set out in the General Regime for the Protection of Whistleblowers of Infractions, approved by Law no.
The identity of the whistleblower will only be disclosed as a result of legal obligation or court decision.
To file your complaint, use the following means:
By post - In writing to the person in charge of the Whistleblower Channel to the address of the company's headquarters.